Important notice: Our web address has moved to www.vumicro.com
VUMIE™ 2012 is the product of Intuitive Systems, Inc. It was created as a "flight simulator" for the Microbiology lab, a simulation that requires the same heads-on, hands-on effort students must master in the wetlab. Its uses range from providing meaningful practice for microbiology students, to a means for testing student proficiencies in micro lab skills and knowledge, to a basic component of many online and hybrid microbiology labs taught world-wide.
Building on the strengths of the original product, VUMicro™ 3.11, product VUMIE™ 2012 provides the following additional features and enhancements:
- New features, like "Save the Patient", "Creating Scientific Posters", and updated tests and graphics.
- Inclusion of "Lab Safety" discussion in the updated and improved online "Help" system.
- Extensive video-based tutorials for basic lab skills.
- One-click submission of pdf lab reports to instructors.
- Special "Admin Console" software is provided free to allow instructors to customize student assignments.
- Support for Windows® and Mac® and coming soon... Linux®.
- Automatically installs updates to keep the software current and trouble-free.
- 165 MB of hard drive space for installation
- Each student must purchase a serial number to create and activate their account.
- A web browser and Internet connection are necessary for downloading the software and also when the software is being used.
- Instructor use of the Admin Console is NOT required for students to use the software.